Other than the fact that it’s the best city on Earth (yes, we’re not at all biased) here’s our list of top 7 reasons why you should choose to study English in London:
- It’s one of the most multicultural cities in the world. With more than 100,000 international students choosing to study in London each year, you can be sure that you’ll meet lots of people from a range of cultures. Maybe you’ll pick up words in a few more languages than you originally expected and make a plenty of friends.
- London has some of the best education institutions in the world. If you choose to study English in London, you’re guaranteed to have access to some of the best facilities in the world, with some of the best teachers (click here for more information). The fact that you have a qualification from an institution in London will make you a more attractive candidate to companies around the world.
- There’s so much to do in your free time. You won’t have the opportunity to be bored. Whether you love theatre, food, shopping, or art, you couldn’t be in a better city to keep you occupied. There’s always something going on. Spend your free time soaking in as much culture as possible by visiting as many of the free museums and galleries.
- You’ll make so many new friends. Being in one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the world, you’ll be able to connect and meet so many people from different backgrounds. Meeting people from around the world is likely to expand your horizons and widen your perspective of the world. Best of all, you can make plans to go visit all your newly made friends in their own home countries!
- It’s the perfect place to put your new language skills into practice. What better place to practice your newly learnt English conversation skills than the capital of the UK? If you choose to study English, London is pretty much the perfect choice. You can hone your language skills through constant conversation with the locals. All you need to do to practice is head to the local pub.
- There are plenty of facilities to keep you motivated in your learning. With over 120 different libraries in the city, you won’t be short of choice with resources and facilities to help you learn. The British Library itself gives you access to more than 150 million books. That’s plenty of places to study your newly developed English skills.
- It’s a lot of fun. More than anything, London is simply just a really fun and exciting city to live in. There are so many entertainment options and events, and lots of bars and clubs for when you need a break from your studies. It’s always a good idea to let off some steam on your nights off. Just make sure you’re not too tired for class the next day!